Monday, February 18, 2013

Something New........

 Every year I make it a habit to have new photos or try new a technique.
This year I've been doing some high key photography and food photography.
 
(click on the image to view large or purchase)
The feathers above I used a textured layer which gives it a warm brown tone.
 
(click on the image to view large or purchase)
 
I really like experimenting and creating something new. It's even more exciting when it works!
But what happens is my photography collection starts getting more eclectic. I don't know if that's good thing or not. I often hear that we should have a niche. Something we photograph well. For me I think right now I could create a well rounded body of work around my flowers. So I guess if I have to have a niche then it would be Flower Photography.
So now I have a niche I can experiment and expand on all the other types of photography I enjoy doing.
For today it's all about feathers. Over the past year when I take the dogs for a walk I'm also on the look out for feathers. As far as identifying these feathers I really couldn't tell you, but I do know the photo above are Blue Jay Feathers. I also have feathers from Mourning Doves and the rest I have no clue. I really love the way these feathers worked out. Very simple and minimalist.
 
(click on the image to view large or purchase)
 
 
 
I've enter my "Springtime Lilacs" in the "Lavender Contest" on Fine Art America.  I wondered if you could take a moment to vote.   Thanks!


Art Prints
 
 Thanks!!!!
Have a Terrific Week!  See ya Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!