Monday, February 4, 2013

Monarch and Their Relatives

 
 
Happy Monday!
Last Monday I had mentioned that I was rearranging my work/office space and so far it is working out fine.
This Monday I have 3 new photographs that I have added to both my Etsy shop and Fine Art America.
 
 
 
The beautiful butterfly above is known as the Common Crow.  Who would name such a beautiful butterfly such a name?  Some interesting facts about the Common Crow also known as the Oleander Butterfly.  They're related to the Monarch in that they have similar body types and feed on Milkweed and the Oleander plant which both have a toxin which the caterpillar ingests to protect it from predators as a caterpillar and as an adult butterfly.  The Common Crow is found in Australia,  South Asia and India.
 
I photographed the Common Crow at the Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in South Deerfield, Massachusetts.  For the past couple of years on my way to Connecticut I stop by and do some photographing and to just enjoy the quiet and beauty of these magnificent butterflies.  The Monarchs I photographed in my gardens.
 


I've been playing around with some new techniques and I wanted to get your opinion on which photograph you like better.  The process with the above Monarch is using French Kiss textures to soften and give the photograph a more pastel feel.  Where the Monarch below is what I like to call a traditional photograph with some minor adjustments.
I have to say that I'm kinda in between, I love the softness of the above Monarch, but I love the bright boldness of the Monarch below.


 

I guess it is a matter of preference.  The softer Monarch photograph would be great in a little girl's room or nursery.  Would even look great in a bathroom as would the bolder Monarch.  Well needless to say you can find them both in my Fine Art America and Etsy shops.
Speaking of shops....in the next few days I will be in the process of revamping my shops, mostly adding keywords and description for better SEO. 
 
In case you missed it here is last Friday's "Food Friday"post.
 
Tomorrow is Tuesday Treasuries and there are some great fines!
 
Have a great week! 

Sell Art OnlineArt Prints





Art Prints

1 comment:

  1. Lovely images Cindi - as far as the monarch pic, the first one is a bit too pale for me - I like the contrast and tones in the second, but I think something in between would work nicely as well! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!