Friday, October 10, 2014

Crossing The Lake

 
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/cindi-ressler.html
 
Sebasticook Lake in Newport, Maine
 
Every year at the Sebasticook Lake they drain it in the fall to prevent springtime flooding.  I wish though they would wait a little later in the fall to drain the lake. It is so beautiful with the fall colors reflecting off it. 
On this day in late September this year I was just out looking at all the blue herons that were dotted on the murky shores looking for dinner, when I heard splashing in the water, I turned around and noticed all the deer.  Wasn't really sure what they were doing exactly, my first thought was they were there to get a drink, but with the camera clicking away they were all getting together to cross the drained lake.  The first deer was making sure everyone was together before she lead them across the lake.  I couldn't see if they made it across because it was quite dark in the shadows, until I saw that white tail.  I'm so happy to have capture this photo.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!