Friday, July 12, 2013

Flower Power Friday

This week I'm featuring Coreopsis "Mercury Rising"



Coreopsis "Mercury Rising"
Coreopsis "Mercury Rising"
Height:  12-15 inches
Wide:  24-36 inches
Blossoms:  Beautiful ruby red with a bright yellow center.
Foliage:  Thread leaves that are bright green
Bloom time:  Early summer through fall
Full sun to part shade
Attracts butterflies and is deer resistant.
Makes for a great cut flower

Coreopsis "Mercury Rising"




First let me just say I love my job, but working in a garden center can have it's disadvantages. 
So I saw this beautiful Coreopsis and I just couldn't resist.  Most coreopsis are shades of yellow and I've even seen some pinks, but this one took my breath away.  I just had to have it.  It has been blooming profusely since I planted it!  This is definitely a great addition to the garden. 
 
Oh and get this if you dislike deadheading.  You won't have to and maintenance is minimal too!  This is a great feature for those of us who are looking for maintenance free plants or for that beginner gardener. 



Coreopsis "Mercury Rising"
The Mercury Rising Coreopsis can be used as a border, in a cottage garden, or any garden for that matter.  If your looking for a plant that stands out.  This is the one to go with!
I've actually have this one with my yellow coreopsis which will look great together.
 
Quote of the week........
Just living is not enough...
one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. 
~Hans Christian Andersen
 
Happy Gardening!!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!