Friday, June 7, 2013

Flower Power Friday......My Garden Continues to Grow

Sorry I missed last Friday.  It has been a little crazy here. 
 
Clouded Sulphur Butterfly on Coneflower
Sometimes the best laid plans don't go as planned.   As I'm finding out with redesigning my garden.  Since we last chatted I had plans on transplanting plants, which I had done and there were more of them than I had expected. 
 
So this is what I had accomplished in the past 2 weeks.  I have transplanted 13 coneflowers, 

Blue Flax
3 blue flax, 5 poppies, 2 silvery mounds, 2 roses, 1 butterfly bush, 2 dogwood trees and 4 lady's mantle. I was going to add some zinnia and poppy seeds, but with the weather calling for heavy rain that would just wash away the seeds.  To break it down, for the most part everything is looking pretty good.  With daily watering everything should be good.  Although I may lose some poppies, because I didn't realize they had a long tap root and I mistakenly broke the roots.  There's still some hope, but it's questionable, it's looking like 2 might make it maybe 3 out of 5.  
Iceland Poppy from last year
As I started looking for the coneflowers amongst the weeds I found 13 in all which filled a space quite nicely and next year will look even better.  Being I work at the garden center at Home Depot I see what comes in for plants and found a butterfly bush, pink dogwood tree and white dogwood tree that were great deals and I couldn't resist.  


This weekend I'm heading to my favorite nursery to get some tomatoes, more poppies and probably something I don't need , but will get anyway.

Unfortunately because of time issues working to get the plants in the ground and the weather I don't have a current photos of the garden, but I will have plenty to show you next week.  I'm making it a priority to get updated photos for you.  Wait until you see........
 
Quote of the week.......
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
             ~Irish Blessing


Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!