Friday, January 16, 2015

Photo Of The Week "Sunflower Kaleidoscope"

 
I've recently started creating kaleidoscopes and mandalas using photography I've created.  And wow I've been coming up with some really interesting and beautiful designs.  Some of the kaleidoscopes, mandalas and orbs  I have created using my Color Reflections Collection and others, most are using my Nature & Floral Collections.  Some are from photographs that I liked, but not enough to make it to my portfolio. 
 
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/2-sunflower-cindi-ressler.html
 
The sunflower photograph above created this unique "Sunflower Kaleidoscope" below. 
Like I was saying I never know what will develop when I start piecing these kaleidoscopes together.  I was so surprised with this one.  It was like I almost made a complete sunflower.
 
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/sunflower-kaleidoscope-cindi-ressler.html
 
Sunflowers are the best flower.  I mean how can you not smile when you see one.  Especially on a gloomy day.
Sunflowers are very easy to grow.  Simply plant the seed in a sunny location cover with soil and keep watered until it pops through the soil.  Sunflowers are all over the US in August through first frost.  They vary in height from just 2 feet tall to as high as 12 feet plus tall!  And the colors, well....besides the traditional yellow you can also get them in cream, red, orange, and a combination of the colors.  Birds, squirrels and chipmunks love em too!
 
The "Sunflower Kaleidoscope" is currently 20% off
January 16th-22nd, 2015
 
Have a marvelous weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in for a visit! I would love to hear from you! Have a great day!